Re: [VE][187] Error Message Feedback

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:37:47 +0000
To: "Eduardo S. Salgado" <eduardo@incomuni.com.br>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 03:58:38PM -0300, Eduardo S. Salgado wrote:

>        I really don't understand this error message

Which error message? It usually helps to provide a URL to the
troublesome document.

>    cuz it's from a file that
>    is used only for include (PHP) and don't have any code (head, body,...).

The Validator is designed to validate complete documents, not parts of
documents that will be assembled on the server. ValAidate the code you
provide to the end user's browser, not the code you use internally.

If you want to test specific fragments, then you can create a minimal
wrapper document that your include can be included in for testing.