Validation Question

From: Paul Trivilino <ptrivilino@trivilinodesign.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:29:11 -0600
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hello,

I used your validation service to check the HTML in a Website I am
designing. One of the pages contains an image map which caused the page to
come up with an error. Here is the error:

   1.      Line 71, column 137: required attribute "id" not specified

     ...be11ffd4" /><map name="map00be11ffd4"><area shape="rect"
coords="453,182,468,

     The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used,
but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types
the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt"
attribute is required for the "img" element.

     Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and
type="text/javascript" for <script>.

What is the attribute I am suppose to include with an image map?

Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,

--
Paul E. Trivilino