Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Zainul Aabdeen wrote:

> kindly give suggestions for this error
>
> This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!
> Line 122, column 40: there is no attribute
> "BACKGROUND"

No published HTML specification allows BACKGROUND attribute
for anything but the BODY element. Your options are:
1. Accept the fact that the page is not valid in this respect.
2. Validate against a customized DTD that allows the attribute
   (see http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/own-dtd.html )
3. Remove the attribute, and use CSS instead, e.g.
4. Replace the use of an artificial table cell by suitable
   use of layout in CSS.

(If you ask me, I would recommend primarily 4, but for old
documents, that might not be feasible for now. Then there's not much
practical difference between 1, 2, and 3.)