Re: Embed tag

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:11:22 +0900
To: Jules Bowman <webmaster@youth-tv.co.uk>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Jules,

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005, Jules Bowman wrote:
> Hi guys, the last reply given to the <embed> question alludes to the
> fact that the <object> tag is usable across the board, but when i remove
> the <embed> tag to validate the code, the embedded .rm file disappears
> from Netscape.

Perhaps you're not using the sole <object> element with all the proper
parameters? I have never really tried to embed videos without <embed>,
so I can't help you much, and the question would probably get better
answers on an HTML authoring list than on this one, but you could try
the code from e.g:
http://petesguide.com/WebStandards/tests/object/RealVideo.html

Hope this helps

--