Re: Validator is misbehaving, Can you help me

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 06:24:51AM -0700, rahul gupta wrote:
> I am sending you a test.zip file that has a valid html
> file checked by w3c validator and with that i am also
> sending the result produce by my validator.

The file in the attachment is syntax errors in it, it is also
accompanied by a filename_files directory, which is a good indicator
that it has been saved from a website using a web browser that edited
the file as it did so (so while the file may have started off valid,
when it was saved by the browser it was modified so it was no longer
valid).

Looking at the file, it looks like its been saved from a local copy of
the validator. It looks like it didn't recognise the public identifier
of the Doctype (I would guess this means the local DTD catalog is not
upto date, or isn't where the validator is looking for it), and that
it can't find the DTD using the URL. This is bound to cause problems.