Re: Validator is misbehaving, Can you help me

Hello Rahul,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005, rahul gupta wrote:

> I have installed w3c-vaidator on my fedora-linux machine i.e a server
> for bugzilla and validator on my intranet. I have matched all steps
> of intallation from its installation-docs and as per my knowledge
> everything is fine, but even though the result is coming to validate a
> page is not correct means validator is misbehaving, whenever, in initial
> days it was working fine. Now, if I am trying to validate w3c home page,
>  it gives several errors in this page.

Could you tell us:
- if you have changed anything to your setup between "when it worked"
  and now?
- what kind of "errors" you get when trying to validate the W3C home
  page?

Without that information, it's really difficult to figure out exactly
what kind of issue you are experiencing. As far as I can tell, I have
never seen the validator changing its behaviour by itself, so we will
have to try and find the cause of your problem in whatever recent
changes you may have made to either your validator config, or your
system itself (perl libraries, sgml catalogue, etc)

--
olivier