Re: Quasi Wellformedness

* Christoph Päper wrote:
>many HTML authors are not familiar with the 'SHORTTAG' SGML features,
>neither are most available browsers (even acknowledged in
><http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#h-B.3>).

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2002OctDec/0023
where changing the HTML 4.01 Recommendation to reflect this has been re-
quested. The HTML Working Group did not address this issue yet. The plan
here is basically that we will use such a SGML declaration and change
the OpenSP output such that these things will be flagged as warnings,
similar to what the WDG HTML Validator does. This will have to wait for
adoption of the SGML::Parser::OpenSP module and various other changes,
the current infrastructure of the Validator does not really allow for
this. http://esw.w3.org/topic/MarkupValidator/M12N has some additional
thoughts relative to this.