Re: [VE][79] Error Message Feedback

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:27:39 +0300 (EEST)
To: Fred Garde <fredgarde@yahoo.fr>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Fred Garde wrote:

> Do you have a best answer for me, please ?

Please post the URL. The error messages you quoted contain just fragments
of code.

>  1.. Line 132, column 164: end tag for element "I" which is not open

An analysis on the situation requires information about markup that
precedes the fragment. However, it is obvious that you have tried to nest
a <center> element inside a <font> element. Actually it seems that you are
using deprecated markup, and the best approach might be to start from
simplifying the markup - and using CSS, not HTML, for presentational
issues like spacing and fonts.