Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

"Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> In HTML specifications, the general embedding element is the "OBJECT"
> element. Replacing "EMBED" by it can be problematic, though, since the
> functionalities, attributes, and browser support vary.

The original poster was using EMBED to provide a Flash movie.
Provided you don't need the Flash movie to stream (i.e. start playing
before it's fully downloaded), the following works in all browsers
that I am aware of (unless anyone else knows better):

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="example.swf" width="100" height="200">
<param name="movie" value="example.swf">
<!-- alternative content for non-flash browsers -->
</object>

which is simpler and easier to remember than the fancy EMBED-using
recipes, and validates.