Question from novice

From: Jaffe <jaffer@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:21:31 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

I am  a trying to find out how you can find if a web page is supported
by more than one browser?  Is there a universal code that all browsers
accept.  The reason I am asking is I am a teacher in a school that uses
firefox to access certain Board of Ed sites.  I am denied access to
certain places because the site says must have IE  and it just says
initializing   http://www.managedservices.nycenet.edu/default.asp  . I
am on a Mac and IE is not supported anymore.  Can you give me any
further info on how I can bring this to their attention so the code is
improved.  Sorry if this is not the right place
Steven Jaffe