Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:44:34 +1100
To: Nuno André <nunoandre@hostingnature.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Nuno André wrote:
> /Line 9, column 38/: there is no attribute "HEIGHT"
>
> <TABLE BORDER="0" WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT=*"*100%" CELLPADDING="0"
> CELLSPACING="0">

There was no need to copy the entire error message, but it usually helps
if you provide a URL of the document you are trying to validate.

> Where is the error? :S help me please!!

Like it says, there is no attribute "HEIGHT" for the table element.  It
is not defined in any standardised HTML DTD, it is an proprietary extension.

All those attributes can be replaced with CSS, leaving just a simple

table { height: 100%; width 100%; border-collapse: collapse; }
table td { padding: 0; }

Though, if you are actually using the table for layout purposes (as it
appears from the presentational attributues you've used), and it isn't
actually marking up tabular data of any kind, don't use a table.  Use
more semantic and well structured markup and apply all presentation with
CSS.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/