Re: [VE][79] Error Message Feedback

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:06:43 +0200 (EET)
To: Benjamin HINOJOSA <benjamin.hinojosa@univ-lille3.fr>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Benjamin HINOJOSA wrote:

> I really don't understand why this page is not valide because the p balise
> is OPEN and CLOSED...

In a sense, that _is_ the problem. :-) The p element is implicitly closed.

There you have an empty p element, which is valid but explicitly
frowned upon in the HTML 4.01 specification. The point is that the

This is the syntax error. The p element had already been closed, so the

If you wanted to use <p> and </p> tags to create spacing, it is better to
use the CSS properties margin-top and margin-bottom for the table element
instead.