Re: Non-technical Description on Validation page

and On Sun, Jan 16, 2005, Andy wrote:
> Maybe if you could add an extra param to the link like
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer;noob-view

I have not been very fond of the idea of using the "valid" icon to link
to an explanation page about validation rather than revalidation of the
referer, because I see the icon more as a useful tool to track
validation than a "badge of honor". However, the idea of an option
triggering a small explanation on the said revalidation results page
sounds much more interesting, provided we manage to add that text
without cluttering the validation results page even further - quite a
challenge in itself -.

> And -I know I'm pushing it- why not a language option.  I'll be happy to send
> in translations in Dutch & French and I'm sure others on this list will be
> happy to send in their local tongue as well if needed.

Why not, indeed? :) Because we are still in the process of adapting the
validator to be localizable. The next release, due "real soon now", will
introduce the possibility of translations.

Thanks for your ideas.
--
olivier