Re: [VE][65] Error Message Feedback

From: Samuel Rinnetmaki <samuel@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:24:13 +0200 (EET)
To: Vincent <vincent@lecourshtml.com>
Cc: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>

> I'm using PHP and sessions and this element input is inserted
> automatically after the form tag. So I can't  put before a <div> tag
> and i've seen this problem on other forums too. How can i validate my
> page ?

Although PHP configuration has little to do with validator.w3.org, I'll
Cc: the list in order to ease the pain for all the other people seeking
for a solution to the same issue.

Change the value of the PHP configuration option url_rewriter.tags (in
php.ini, .htaccess or by calling ini_set()).  The default value is:
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,form=,fieldset="
See <http://php.net/manual/ini.php>.

By default, PHP adds the session identifier into a hidden field after a
form element.  If you disable that (by removing the part ",form=") from
the default value above, your sessions might not work in browsers that
reject your cookies.  A workaround is to make sure that every form has
at least one fieldset element and the hidden input is added to the

Another option (as Jukka suggested) is to choose a doctype which allows
input elements directly inside <form>s.