Re: [VE][73] Error Message Feedback

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:28:30 +0000, Manz Hernandez Martin
<RomanSoftware@canarias.org> wrote:

> I obtain this error with my code HTML:
>
> Line 5, column 6: end tag for "HEAD" which is not finished
> </head>
>
> When the error is that I forget write <title></title> element.

The HTML 4.01 Specification clearly states[1]:

   |Every HTML document _must_ have a TITLE element in the HEAD section.

Thus if you omit the TITLE element inside your HEAD element, the validator
is right complaining about this missing element.

You might want to consult "Quality Tips for Webmasters" about choosing
good titles:
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/good-titles

Cheers,

jens