Re: noscript validation issue

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 17:17:39 +0900
To: paul@webotech.co.uk
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005, paul@webotech.co.uk wrote:
> As far as I am aware I am allowed to embed <noscript> tags within <p> tags,
> in which case there may be a bug in the validator. If I am wrong can
> somebody show me the relevent W3C documentation.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-P
[[ The P element represents a paragraph. It cannot contain block-level
elements (including P itself).]]

I think
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/sgml/dtd.html#block
defines noscript as a block element.

I may be wrong, I misinterpret DTDs sometimes, but it seems the above

Hope this helps.
--
olivier