Server-side includes (Was: Markup Validator)

Hello Matt,

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005, araknyd wrote:
> i tried the Markup validator and my file could not be read due to the
> file extension .shtml.  I use this extension due to the fact that I
> use Server Side Includes.

The Markup Validator does not much care about file extensions, so the
error you experiences must have come from another reason. Unfortunately,
you are not giving enough details on the issue and how it happened for
us to help you.

In any case, the Markup Validator can not validate the "raw" html with
server side includes, it can only validate the page generated when your
Web server puts all the server side includes together.

This means you can only validate your shtml files once they are
published on the web. Uploading their raw form won't work.

Please give us more information, especially on whether you tried
uploading, or what was the URI of the document you were trying to
validate, and surely we can help.

Thank you,
--
olivier