Re: [VE][79] Error Message Feedback - Head tag not opened error

From: Eric Sabo <ericsabo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 23:02:17 -0500
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
There are bugs in the validator, but this isn't one of them.

Is it your real code? It looks rather odd. Please post a URL
> in future.

Yes, it is the real code I was submitting to the validator. I was
prechecking a template I wrote for a CMS am in the process of programming.
You are correct in that some <script> elements are stuck there when its
processed. I ran it on my site (beta.skyphix.com/skyphix.com) which has a
million other errors because its still very early beta and the dynamically
generated code isn't very clean yet, and still got the error I was getting.
I found some eronious poorly generated code that I stripped out and fixed
the issue. The [script] was, indeed, confusing the validator and causing it
to error out.

Thank you for your follow up. I guess I was suffering from some frustration
and should've have prematurely claimed a "bug". It seems as though walking
away from my PC and coming back to it would've solved my problem.

--
Eric Sabo
518-791-0068