Suggestion for improved wording when reporting unrecognised attribute

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:33:21 +0200
To: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Thanks, Olivier.  I took the opportunity of the announcement
to look at the earlier query relating to the diagnostic
'there is no attribute "height"', as reported below, and
although I have little sympathy with the original query
I am forced to agree that the diagnostic in its short
form /is/ a little misleading.  I wonder whether an
alternative form, such as

	'Unrecognised attribute "HEIGHT" used'

might be simpler for some users of the Validator ?

Philip TAYLOR
--------
What do I gotta do when receiving message “there is no attribute "HEIGHT"” in a table tag
in which there IS an attribute “HEIGHT”:

BRG

Roy Pearl
Fixya