Re: Validator doesn't validate

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:20:02 +0100
To: "Lars ::Penguinmaster::" <penguinmaster@hotmail.de>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 10:24:03AM +0200, Lars ::Penguinmaster:: wrote:

> Then I tried to upload the file, and what did it say?
> "Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content type is
> text/plain, which is not..."

Just under the file upload field you should see a message warning you
that Windows XP users may have problems. It links to a document which
explains why and what you can do about it.

http://www.w3.org/QA/2005/01/Validator-IE_WinXP_SP2

Your description of your problem strongly suggests that this is what
is happening.