Re: User Documentation for The W3C Markup Validation Service

From: Andy Staines <andy@yellowswordfish.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:37:19 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi
Actually not documentation but this is where I found the link.

I have been using this validation tool for a while during
construction of my site and it has been an excellent resource for
which I am grateful.

However, over the last week it has consistently returned the following:

     412 Precondition Failed

and yes, the URL has been correct (http://www.yellowswordfish.com)

I can not find any discussion of what this means and would be most
grateful for some advice...

I thank you
regards

Andy Staines