Validator doesn't validate

From: Lars ::Penguinmaster:: <penguinmaster@hotmail.de>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:24:03 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

I think this question has been asked yet, but I don't understand why the
validator doesn't accept a file that has been accepted before.

Encoding: UTF-8
Name: myfile.htm
Source Code (for testing, only typed in the W3C Example):
<?xml-stylesheet [...]/css"Q?>
<?xml-stylesheet href=[...]/css?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C/DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
<title>My web page</title>
code { color: green;
font-family: monospace;
font-weight: bold;

Then I tried to upload the file, and what did it say?
"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content type is
text/plain, which is not..."

Why does it refuse my file? Another (not fully XHTML-conform) uploaded file
named test.htm has been checked (with errors, because the markup is not
fully valid).

Can someone help me. I want to create a homepage with *valid* markup.

Sie suchen E-Mails, Dokumente oder Fotos? Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit
Windows-Desktopsuche liefert in sekundenschnelle Ergebnisse. Jetzt neu!
http://desktop.msn.de/ Jetzt gratis downloaden!