Re: [VE][107] New Error Message Suggestion

From: Marc \ <marcpetkirkwood@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:23:32 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I've been wondering about this...

attributeName="attributeName" would be annoying for me to have to repeatedly
type out, and it just looks silly -- am I the only person to notice this??
Can't you just use something like checked="1" or checked="true"? This seems
better to me; I hate the idea of unnecessary repetition, yet this way, the
attribute still won't be empty -- just a bit shorter.

I hope it's not in the specification that you have to repeat the name of the
attribute -- I see no reason why you should.