channel4 validator failure [The error was "".]

From: J. Grant <jg@jguk.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:45:54 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

I tried to validate (http://validator.w3.org/):

I got the following error:

Sorry! A fatal error occurred when attempting to transcode the character
encoding of the document. Either we do not support this character
encoding yet, or you have specified a non-existent character encoding
(often a misspelling).

The detected character encoding was "utf8".

The error was "".

It might be because of:

I normally write in caps:

Is that the problem?

In addition, could a clearer error message be displayed by the validator?

I am not a member of this list, please include my email address in any

Kind regards

Homepage: http://jguk.org/
Blog: http://jguk.org/blog.rss
Radio: http://jguk.org/#radio