RE: Ampersands in URLs

From: iNaNimAtE <iNaNimAtE@cfxnetworks.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:23:43 -0700
To: "'Martin Campos'" <vmartin.campos@gmail.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

I actually fixed the problem by escaping the ampersand in JavaScript:

function info(type) {
	window.open("/?op=info" + unescape('%26') + "page=" + type);
}

However, if I were to write "info&page=" the validator would give the same
problem as if anyone were to write an ampersand in a URL (regardless of if
it is a link on a page or in JavaScript). The real thing here is that the
validator does not know the difference between parsing JavaScript and
HTML--the only workaround I see is (besides what I did) putting all of your
JavaScript in a separate .js file.