Advice sought on (markup) validator's "Help and FAQ" document

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:51:47 +0900
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello.

Since we are soon going to start an alpha/beta test for the
next version of the Markup Validator, I think now is a good time for a
quick review of the validator's doc, and its cornerstone, the Help&FAQ.

Current version:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html

I think you, subscribers of www-validator, are the ones who know what
the frequent questions are, so let's make our lives easier and improve
this document.

I'm especially eager to get feedback on:
- the general structure of the document
- how to balance the weight of information with the "about" page:
    http://validator.w3.org/about.html
  and more generally, how to make this a good start point to other
  locations in the documentation, and not just a large repository.
- possible additions of FAQ items [*]
- rewordings and clarifications to existing text

[*] I am already adding an item on batch validation, and David and I are
working on the addition of the phpsession item, too.

Thanks!
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C / QA / Tools
              -----