[VE][338] PHP sessions and ampersands in URLs

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:22:59 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Further to comments earlier today, and as an act of blatant self
promotion[1], I propose that the text for this error message be changed.

I suggest the following be appended to the first paragraph of the
message:

  Session handling code in PHP is a common perpetrator of this error
  as explained in <a
  href="http://dorward.me.uk/www/php-sessions/ampersand/">Ampersands,
  PHP Sessions and Valid HTML</a>, a document which also proposes a
  number of solutions.

I'd also welcome feedback on the document itself.

[1] See this trumpet? Its mine. Toot!