[www-validator] <none>

From: Dave Lumley <davidlumley@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:29:56 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org
please help
I am new to html authoring for web and feel strongly that quality of code on
the web need this sort of tool

I was quite relieved when I found the w3 org tools

However I am having problems validating files from my PC - something to do
with my internet connection apparently

so I try validating a page on the web and discover that even though I update
the validator works on a cached version so await for it to see my newer -
partially corrected version

I am puzzled by the first error generated is it possible to spread some
light on this

Line 1, column 0: character "ï" not allowed in prolog

ü/strong>?»¿<html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0

I look in my file and there is nothing preceding my first line and <html>

the uri is www.phoenix-divers.com/index.html

regards Dave Lumley