Margin attributes not accepted by XHTML 1.0 & impossible to validate CSS

From: Benoit Quemar <bquemar@altamedia.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:17:28 -0600
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hello,

My draft page here can only be validated with XHTML 1.0 if I REMOVE the two
topmargin & left margin attributes within the <body> tag:

http://altamedia.ca/home/index2b.htm

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Faltamedia.ca%2Fhome%2Findex2b
..htm

I’ve looked at many support webpages and I don’t understand why I can’t just
leave the attributes in place.

Also, when I try to validate my CSS, your system tells me to validate my
XHTML first, which I did (and passed after removing the tags).

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Faltamedia..ca%2
Fhome%2Findex2c.htm

What’s wrong?

How can I keep the attributes that I need and still being validated?

Thanks,

Benoit

-------------------------

Benoît Quémar, Partner