Re: ,checklink results

Hi Susan,
[forgot to copy w-v, resending]

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005, Susan Lesch wrote:
> The last two times I ran ,checklink on the home page, the results
> looked
> incomplete. Would you possibly have time to check to see if a timeout
> is
> causing the linkchecker to stop part way through?

The link checker doesn't stop halfway, but a cascade of events causes
your browser to time out:
- there seems to be an issue with http://www.w3c.org.ma/
- the link checker has a (relatively long) timeout limit while trying to
  connect to server
- the link checker does not output anything while trying to connect
- ... and the browser gives up

As a heavy user, I would suggest that you could use the commandline
version of the tool, more appropriate than the cgi for your needs...

--
olivier