Re: Question on adding target

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:26:33 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Pemburger@aol.com
On Sep 1, 2004, at 2:21 PM, Pemburger@aol.com wrote:
> Dear Support,

Hello ray,

>  In the W3C validation graphic is it okay to add target="_blank" after
> ...referer" so that when anybody clicks the graphic W3C validation is
> shown on a new broser window?

It depends what you mean by "okay". Policy-wise, that's mostly fine.

The technical aspect is another question. I'm sure you already know
that "target" is not in all doctypes, that it's considered bad
usability to not let users how they want to deal with (new) browser
windows. Not to mention that I'm not absolutely sure that when opening
a new window, every browser will transfer information on referer
(needed for that revalidation service)  properly.

regards,
--
olivier