Re: [VE][185] Error Message Feedback

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:00:56 +0100
To: Markus Webdesign <markus.redman@kursdeltagare.irishadar.se>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 11:43:55AM +0200, Markus Webdesign wrote:
>     1. Line 5, column 5: document type does not allow element "HTML" here

You copy/pasted a couple of error messages. Did you have a purpose
behind this?

If you wanted somebody to offer you some help it would be much easier
if you provided (in URI form) the code which was triggering the error.

The most likely cause that I can think of for this message is that you
are using XHTML (which I wouldn't recomend unless you have specific
reasons to use it over HTML) and failed to notice the mention that all
tag and element names are case sensitive (and in lower case).