Error Message Feedback

From: Karthik Prabhakar <karthikkutty18@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

   I was trying to validate my webpage, but W3C
Validator considers the <embed>/</embed> tag, which is
part of Dreamweaver's Flash implementation, as
invalid. W3C Validator also considers all of <embed>'s
attributes (src, quality, height, etc.) as invalid.

   I am not sure if there is any other way to
implement Flash (.swf) into a webpage without using
<embed>/</embed> tag, but I don't know why those tags
would be considered invalid?

Thanks