[VE][108] Error Message Feedback

From: Ray Mullan <ray@mullan.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:25:42 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org

I need to use the onsubmit attribute in the submit button for a form
becauseOpera will overide the validation script  when either the return
or enter button is pressed and proceeds to submit the form -- regardless
of where the user's focus might be. If I use a redundant event such as
onkeypress instead, Opera won't try to submit the form but the user is
very annoyingly alerted  twice (once for onclick and once for onkeypress).

<input type="button" id="SendDonation" value="&#x00A0;Send&#x00A0;"
onclick="errorCheckDonation()" onsubmit="errorCheckDonation()" />

However, the website is written in XHTML 1.1 and the validator won't
accept onsubmit as an attribute. Is there an alternative to onsubmit
which is acceptable in XHTML?

yours,

Ray Mullan