Re: [VE][64] Error Message Feedback

Wesley wrote:
> I don't understand why my DOCTYPE won't allow the STYLE and BODY elements, any
> ideas?  My DOCTYPE is

It depends, but the most likely suspect that I can think of is that
you're using XML syntax to close an empty element such as <link /> or
and HTML 4.01, the /> syntax actually means this for empty elements:

<link>&gt;

The &gt; is treated as character data, which is not allowed in the
that are not allowed because, technically, they would be appearing
within the <body>, which they cannot do.

Of course, without seeing your actual makup, diagnosis is extremely
difficult, so this is only speculation based on experience.  I could be
completely wrong, so next time, please provide a URL, or at least a
snippet of the HTML causing the problem, but a URL is preferred.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/