Re: "Software error" is driving me crazy...

* Donnie wrote:
>Hi all,
>i'm trying to install the validator on my PC featuring:
>-Win XP
>-Apache 1.3.7
>-ActivePerl 5.8.4.810
>-Validator 0.6.7 with sgm-lib
>-OpenSP Win32 Binaries 1.5.1
>
>I've followed the instructions and checked all (conf) files multiple
>times but i always get this error:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Software error:
>open3: IO::Pipe: Can't spawn-NOWAIT: No such file or directory at
>c:\PROGRA~1\easyphp\www\VALIDA~1\htdocs\check line 72
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>I don't speak perl so i can't firgure out what this means :-(

Did you configure the path to OpenSP properly? To what did you set the
variable in the configuration file and where is the onsgmls.exe binary?
If this is properly configured, I could guess that onsgmls.exe might be
unable to find the OpenSP DLL but that seems unlikely. I would suggest
to get Filemon from http://www.sysinternals.com/ and run the Validator
while the program captures what's going on, but you would need to be
able to make sense of its output, to some extend at least. On the other
hand, line 72 seems odd... did you install all the Perl modules
properly?
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
Weinh. Str. 22 · Telefon: +49(0)621/4309674 · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de