Re: Color in pages

From: Jon Ribbens <jon+www-validator@unequivocal.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:21:35 +0000
To: www-validator@w3.org

"Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> You could use <a href="foo bar">, which is valid, yet syntactically
> incorrect (by URL syntax).

That's a bit more complicated, because what does and does not
constitute a URL is not defined in the HTML specification, and can and
does change independently of it. I'd argue that the above is not
incorrect HTML. To take it a bit further, I think most people would
agree that <a href="mailto:foo@@example.com"> is correct HTML - it is
the URL that has a problem, not the HTML.