Re: [VE][131] Error Message Feedback

yudha wrote:
> /Line 85, column 140/: value of attribute "ALIGN" cannot be "ABSMIDDLE";
> must be one of "TOP", "MIDDLE", "BOTTOM", "LEFT", "RIGHT"
>
> |...'send mail to erwin' align='absmiddle*'*></a>|
>
> I  wrote the HTML tag using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, and i found out
> that the value of "ALIGN" could be "ABSMIDDLE" to align the middle of
> the current line with the middle of the image. I found it also in MS
> Frontpage XP.

I have never heard of that value before, it is very likely to be a
proprietary extension added by either Netscape or IE, which should not
be used.  In general, the align attribute should not be used in favour
of style sheets.  The recommended way to apply all presentation,
including layout, fonts, colours, positioning, etc. is to specify it
using CSS.

> Do you have any suggestion to replace 'absmiddle' for the
> layout of the page would be bad if I use 'middle'?

Since I am unaware of the desired effect you are trying to achieve, nor
what that value is actually supposed to do, I am unable to suggest an
alternative with CSS.  I recommend you try a CSS forum, newsgroup or
mailing list to help find a solution.

> Do you Yahoo!?

No.

--