Re: freebsd installation

From: Paul Mansfield <paul.mansfield@psinet.telstra.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:42:10 +0000
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Paul Mansfield wrote:
> I have installed the validator on a FreeBSD/AMD Opteron box and to do so
> I simply installed the following perl packages (as well as an apache
> port). It'd be nice if the doc included this list as it would have sped
> up the install process

Also, I followed the instructions mostly, but tried to keep it simpler.
I put the validator stuff under /usr/local/validator-0.6.7 with a link
to it from /usr/local/validator

Then I changed the check script to refer to the config here and not /etc/w3c

Then I changed the validator.conf to refer to things correctly

Then I changed the includedd httpd.conf to be this:

ScriptAlias /w3c-validator/check /usr/local/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check
Alias /w3c-validator/ "/usr/local/validator/htdocs/"

<Directory /usr/local/validator/htdocs>
   Options               FollowSymLinks IncludesNOEXEC Indexes MultiViews
   AllowOverride         None
   AddHandler            server-parsed .html
   AddCharset            utf-8         .html
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/validator/httpd/cgi-bin>
   Options               FollowSymLinks ExecCGI IncludesNOEXEC Indexes
MultiViews
   AllowOverride         None
   AddHandler            server-parsed .html
   AddCharset            utf-8         .html
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

and everything is happy and I'm not putting files all over the place

Paul