Recently - different results

From: Steve Bolduc <steve.bolduc@LibraryInsight.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:31:04 -0500
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

I have used the validate for quite a while, it's a great help. I normally
use the second option, the "Validate by File Upload".  But the last week or
two, files that I know are 100% validated, are giving me this yellow back
lit message:

"Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content type is
text/plain, which is not currently supported by this service.

The Content-Type field is sent by your web server (or web browser if you use
the file upload interface) and depends on its configuration. Commonly, web
servers will have a mapping of filename extensions (such as ".html") to MIME
Content-Type values (such as text/html)....."

Yet the same page, when using the "Validate by URL" properly validates the
file. I eliminated the possibility that it was something in my page, or
server.  I tried cnn.com's hope page, and got the same result: Validates
properly when given the URL ,but refuses when using the "Validate by File
Upload".

I really like the "Validate by File Upload", is there something that I can
do so that I can get back to using it and getting the results I used to get?

Stephen A. Bolduc
steve.bolduc@LibraryInsight.com
(978) 808-1089
www.LibraryInsight.com