W3 validator improvement suggestion?

From: insta <insta@pingring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:23:09 -0600
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I don't know the format for submitting these, hope it gets to the right place ...

I tried uploading a file from Internet Explorer, to the validator, and the validator balked at it because the content-type was incorrect.  I believe it was text/html or something like that, something the validator should have been able to read, but didn't.

Perhaps instead of erroring out entirely, attempt to validate anyway with a "this page may not work in most browsers" type message?

-Bryan