Re: Problem with Macromedia Flash

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:45:17 +0200 (EET)
To: kaliath <kaliath@uol.com.br>
Cc: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, kaliath wrote:

>   When I embed the flash, the Validator say that there is none
> of the attributes, like "src", which is the main attribute,
> between many others.

This is a bit misleading. The real problem is the <embed> element, which
is not part of any official HTML specification.

a) ignore the validator's message, and check the syntax of your
   <embed> element against some description of actual browser
   support
b) replace the <embed> element by a suitable <object> element,
   and stay tuned to more limited browser support
c) define a DTD of your own that allows the <embed> element
   and its attributes
d) don't do Flash.