Re: [VE][107] Error Message Feedback

From: Antonello Bianchi <antonello@mathesis.it>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:15:28 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Thanks to David I've found a solution to my issue and maybe what probably is
an inconsistency in the validator: I've understand that the message stated
that the selected attribute must have a value. It seems that the form
<option value="xxx" selected>kkk</option> is not accepted even if, as far as
I know, is a legal one. The form <option value="xxx"
selected="selected">kkk</option> is accepted.

I also agree on the idea of having some reference to the specification
related to the detected error in present in the verbose output of the
validator.

Antonello Bianchi