[VE][107] Error Message Feedback

From: Antonello Bianchi <antonello@mathesis.it>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:37:17 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

this is a copy of the response of the validator:

Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML parser.

Line 40, column 37: the name and VI delimiter can be omitted from an attribute specification only if SHORTTAG YES is specified

<option value="it-it" selected>Italiano</option>

This is an output related to an XHTML 1.1 Document.

I'm quite confused with this message because I've never herad about a "VI delimiter" nor about a name attribute related to the option tag. If I delete the selected attribute from the option tag the page validates without problems.

For your reference I submit the url I'm trying to validate: http://develop.nementis.com/default.aspx, but be warned that this is a page under development (it is also not complete) so it may change quickly and without notice.

thank you for your attention,

Antonello Bianchi