Re: Automate Validation?

From: <Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:14:21 -0800
To: nscafe@FOR1031.com
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, www-validator-request@w3.org

> Is it possible to interface with w3’s validator through some sort of
> an API or something?  Or do you have to install your own validator
> on your own server to get that to work?

hmm i m not sure as to why want to use an API. W3's validator is merely a
web interface to OpenSP/OpenJade ( http://openjade.sourceforge.net/ ) . All
the validator does, is input the file to openjade, and display the output
from openjade as a HTML page.

> Basically, I am would like to write a PHP script that would
> automatically run html files through a validator and report the
> results back.  What is the easiest way to do this?

This is pretty easy to do. I wrote a PHP script to do that . You can try
out the script @ http://validate.sf.net

Install OpenJade
Create a PHP script that can retrieve HTML data from URL, and send the HTML
to openjade,
and then take the output and display it as a web page.

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
http://www.xml-dev.com