PHP session ids and & (was Re: [VE][338] New Error Message Suggestion)

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:39:38 +0100
To: Przemyslaw Sobstel <przemek.sobstel@itcomp.pl>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 07:21, Przemyslaw Sobstel wrote:

> PHPSESSID is being added automitacally by php parser and I have no
> influance on it, but the validator show errors.

It doesn't matter that you can't change it, the document is still
invalid.

Ask somebody who does have access to the PHP configuration (which is
probably you if they let you use .htaccess) to change the output
argument separator in the configuration. The PHP manual describes how to
do this.

You might also with to file a bug report with the PHP development team.
There is no reason to default to & instead of &amp;.

Please choose more appropriate subject lines for your emails in future,
you do not appear to have made any suggestion as to what the error
message should be.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>