RE: [VE][338] New Error Message Suggestion

From: Lee Matt <matt.lee@nhsia.nhs.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:24:00 +0100
To: "linz" <linz.jones@ntlworld.com>, <www-validator@w3.org>

> how can these problems be fixed as this is a url supplied by
> the guestbook company (bravenet)
>
> Line 291, column 107: cannot generate system identifier for
> general entity "cpv"
>
> ...uestbook/show.php?usernum=3560716069&cpv=2">Sign

If you're linking to that URL, you can just alter it so that & is &amp;

guestbook/show.php?usernum=3560716069&amp;cpv=2

However, trying to get Bravenet to change their HTML is likely to be
harder. You could consider installing your own script, if you can...

chipmunk-scripts.com provides a guestbook script under the GNU GPL...

matt

--- Any further email signature is inserted by
    my employer automatically... ---

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.