Re: results page styles problem in Opera

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 02:29:17 +0200
To: "Brenda O'Hagan" <brenda@wallace.net.nz>
Cc: WWW Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

* Brenda O'Hagan wrote:
>perhaps giving the line immediately above an below the error would be a good
>compromise? - especially when the line in question is <10 chars long, or only
>involves one tag.

Yeah, we are thinking about such solutions. One problem here is that an
error might be on line 2, column 12863 and line 1 only 100 characters or
so, showing the preceding line would not help much and showing more of
line 2 would require horizontal scrolling... But maybe that kind of
document is not what we should optimize for. Nick has some alternate
ideas in <http://valet.webthing.com/page/>...