Re: Custom DTD Support (was: Re: frameset and frame borders)

* Terje Bless wrote:
>I'll look into the details of this issue, but as mentioned I'm uncertain as to
>the correct course of action here. I would appreciate comments and opinions on
>this and ways to address the issue.

Back in 1999 I worked on a DTD including common proprietary markup that
could be used by people who want to use the name attribute on form/img,
@leftmargin, @topmargin, @marginheight, and @marginwidth on the body
element, @border,  @frameborder, and @framespacing on the frameset
element, nobr, wbr, bgsound, blink, marquee, etc.pp. so they could
concentrate on more important errors in their documents and get used to
validate their documents and have some success in doing so. The DTD did
not work for this very reason with the W3C MarkUp Validator and my
request to be more friendly to custom document type definitions... well,
so I dropped the idea. Quite disappointing.