Re: frameset and frame borders

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Terje Bless wrote:

> >It seems that http://validator.w3.org cannot process any "custom DTDs"
> >(i.e., DTDs other than the fixed set of specific DTDs it has been
> >programmed to know) any more.
>
> Thank you for reporting this issue. In order to expedite our work to identify
> the details of this matter, would it be possible for you to provide us with
> further details of the actions you performed and perhaps a sample of the data
> which the Validator failed to process to your expectations?

The test case I constructed in this context is
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/test/frames.html
(a trivial frameset page with the nonstandard attributes discussed). And
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/nobr.html
is an old page of mine for which I have previously used the validator
successfully. (A longish Transitional page, discussing some nonstandard
markup and using it according to a customized DTD.)